Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunday/Monday Combined Post

So, I am very sorry, but my posts have been delayed! I promise I will be better. Sunday, we explored the city of San Jose and saw the various markets and restaurants all around. It was very fun to people watch, as we all pretty much did. My favorite thing to see was the vendors selling copies of The Karate Kid and Toy Story 3 already. It reminded me a lot of India. After exploring the city, we all got back and did our reading for the quiz the very next day on BP apparatuses and Electrical Safety.

Today, we all got up at around 6am and got ready for school. At school we started the long-haul of Spanish I. We learned the verbs ser and estar and their various forms through different subject pronouns. We also learned the various adjectives that could then be used to complete sentences. We even learned how to describe those adjectives with demonstrative pronouns that are indefinite and definite. Lastly, we talked about how different words have different genders, masculine and feminine. It was a very intense experience, but I will learn much from it.

After Spanish class, we had lunch at a local place and ate those traditional rice and beans. We then came back at around 1pm for instrumentation lecture. We learned about electrical safety and the electrical requirements for instrumentation in the hospitals. We learned important facts such as maximum current leakage through instrumentation has to be at max 500 micro amps. We learned that we needed to make sure our workspace did not have any loose conducting wires lying around so the technicians and ourselves did not get shocked. Another important task was brought to us. We had to bring the respect to the technicians by doing our jobs correctly so that when we teach them they will be able to be fully part of the hospital group.

After instrumentation lecture, we had instrumentation lab where we built our own functional extension cord by taking some extra wire and connecting it to a plug which was then also wired to an outlet from the other end. We then hooked a soldering iron to test the functionality of the extension cord and saw that it worked. It was a fairly simply first lab. Well, now I think I said enough. I hope you've been enjoying my blog. I have class again tomorrow, so I have to sleep. As they say in Spanish, bueno noche!!! (good night)....

No comments:

Post a Comment