Saturday, July 24, 2010

NICARAGUA POST SET ONE Week 1

Hello from Managua. I am writing from an internet cafe, but I have loads to tell in this quick short time that I have. So far, working in the hospital has been great. We have worked on about 8 pieces of equipment so far and had a repairing rate of about 50%. We have put about 2 EKGs, a phototherapy light, and a NIBP machine back into service. The staff are really appreciative it seems and keep giving us more equipment to repair. I feel like my partner and I are very welcomed to this hospital. Our homestay father is named Dr. Mercado and he is one of the main contacts in the hospital. He knows a lot about the needs of the hospital and we are definetly going to find out more about what we need to do/give to the hopsital before and after we leave. There are many medical device donation companies across the world that just need the right field information that we can get to donate proper medical equipment that does not breakdown. Next week, we are going to try to work on this ventillator that we have been working on. It seems to be missing a flow sensor that we need to purchase. I am sure if we get that piece we will have a really important ventillator working. Thanks again for reading

Manu

No comments:

Post a Comment